Healthy muffins with banana, apple, carrots and rolled oats
Moist, sweet, healthy muffins with banana, carrot, apple and oatmeal. Not too sweet and with a delicate flavour of cinnamon. Perfect for a healthy breakfast. Recipe adapted from here.
For 12 Serving(s)
- 1 egg room temperature
- 40 ml olive oil
- 1 ripe banana
- 90 g honey
- 1 apple finely grated
- 1 pinch of salt
- 0.5 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp (or more) brown sugar
- 120 ml vegetable milk (I used oat milk)
- 50 g grated carrot (1 medium carrot)
- 80 g rolled oats
- 200 g all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
Healthy muffins with banana, apple, carrots and rolled oats Directions
- In a bowl put the egg, oil, banana and honey. Mash the bananas with a fork and mix well.
- Add the grated apple, sugar, pinch of salt, cinnamon and stir.
- Add the vegetable milk, grated carrot and oatmeal and mix again.
- At this point add the sifted flour and baking powder. Stir briefly until all the ingredients are combined.
- Fill a muffin tray with 12 muffin liners and fill them with the batter almost to the top of the liner then add some rolled oats for the topping.
pretty good - morgannG