Funfetti cupcake with lemon cream cheese frosting
Soft and delicate, with a slight aftertaste of lemon, these delightful cupcake are perfect for children's parties and birthdays. The addition of colorful sugar sprinkles does not affect the taste but makes them original and delicious.
For 1 Dozen(s)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 80 g soft butter
- 0.75 cup white sugar
- 1 egg white
- 1 egg
- 0.5 cup milk at room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 lemon (only the juice)
- 40 g sprinkles or colorful chocolate chips
- sprinkles or colorful chocolate chips for topping
Ingredienti per il frosting
- 100 g di zucchero a velo
- 350 g di formaggio spalmabile tipo Philadelphia
- 1 cucchiaio di succo di limone
- 1 cucchiaino di estratto di vaniglia
Funfetti cupcake with lemon cream cheese frosting Directions
- For the frosting mount the cream cheese with powdered sugar, a tablespoon of lemon juice and vanilla extract until it becomes smooth and fluffy (3 - 4 minutes).
- In a bowl mix the flour, baking powder, salt, lemon zest and set aside.
- Place the butter in the bowl beat with a mixer on medium-high speed until light in color, about 2 minutes. Add the sugar and continue beating until the mixture is light in color and airy, another 2 minutes.
- Add the egg white and beat for another minute after that time add the whole egg and beat again.
- Add the milk and vanilla extract and whisk briefly. Do not be afraid if the batter begins to curl.
- Add the mix of flour and stir briefly until the batter becomes smooth and homogeneous.
- Now add 40 grams of colorful sprinkles and incorporate them to the batter, stirring briefly. Line muffin pan with paper cupcake liners and fill them up to 3/4 in height with the batter prepared then garnish with some more sugar sprinkles.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180° C for about 20 minutes. Take out from the oven, allow to cool down in the mold for 5 minutes and then remove the cupcakes from the mold and let them cool completely. Garnished with frosting and other sprinkles.
could be a fun activity with my girls. Simple and delicious - Agata