Healthy banana and oats muffins
Healthy and delicious muffin. Bananas, honey, whole wheat flour and rolled oats are all the ingredients that make these muffins become a healthy snack or breakfast.
For 4 Person(s)
Ingredients for 18 muffins
- 0.5 cup vegetable oil
- 5 tsp honey
- 2 eggs
- 1 yogurt (125 g of any flavour, I used orange yogurt)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 medium ripe bananas
- 2 tbsp rolled oats
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 0.5 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup whole meal flour
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- some rolled oats and brown sugar for sprinkling on top
Healthy banana and oats muffins Directions
- The eggs and the yogurt should be at room temperature.
- In a bowl whisk the eggs, honey and oil.
- Add the yogurt and vanilla extract and whisk again.
- Add 4 ripe bananas and mash them with a fork .
- Pour the rolled oats into the mixture, stir and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Add 2 kinds of flour, baking soda and baking powder, salt and cinnamon and stir briefly to mix the ingredients.
- Line your muffin pans with paper liners and fill the muffin wells three-quarters of the way. Sprinkle each muffin with a bit of brown sugar and some rolled oats.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180 ° C for 25 - 30 minutes. Once cooked, let the pan coll down for 5 minutes and then take the muffins out. Let them cool completely before serving.
This is a family favourite now. I make these muffins regularly and they always please. - heatherMF