Spinach and honey steamed cupcakes
These cupcakes have a very delicate flavor, a surprising texture and a slight honey aftertaste. The spinach provides the color, some fiber and a little bit of vitamins but does not spoil the flavor. In order to cook them you need a steaming basket or a steamer.
For 6 Serving(s)
- 40 g baby spinach
- 60 ml milk
- 1 egg
- 40 g honey
- 100 g all-purpose flour
- 1.5 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- grated lemon zest to taste (optional)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
Spinach and honey steamed cupcakes Directions
- Blend milk and spinach in a blender or with an immersion blender and set aside.
- In a bowl beat the egg with honey with whisk until you have a light colour liquid full of bubbles.
- Add the spinach mix, 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract and some grated lemon zest and stir.
- Add sifted flour and half a teaspoon of baking powder. Stir gently incorporating the flour then stir in 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Place some aluminum baking cups for the panna cotta, small silicon molds for muffins, or the heat-resistant small cups in the steamer or in the steaming basket. Place cupcake liners in each mold. Fill each paper liner up to 3/4 in height with the prepared batter.
- Steam for about 15 minutes. Once cooked do not uncover immediately the steamer or the cooking basket but lift the lid (being careful not to burn yourself) slightly to release the excess of steam. In this way the temperature inside will not decrease drastically and the muffins not will drop. After a few minutes, remove the lid completely. Take them out of the molds and let cool down completely before serving.
looks so pretty but they are kind of dull. I though they'll be like more sweet - Patty Brew