Rich and dense cocoa muffins with sparkling water
The addition of sparkling water gives these muffins a particular softness. They are tender and fragrant. You can garnish them with any frosting of your liking or simply by adding chocolate glaze.
For 4 Person(s)
Ingredients for the muffins
- 200 g all-purpose flour
- 100 ml vegetable oil (for example sunflower oil)
- 150 ml sparkling water
- 120 g brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 4 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1.5 tsp baking powder
Ingredients for the glaze
- 50 g dark chocolate
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp sesame seeds or chopped almonds or chopped walnuts
Rich and dense cocoa muffins with sparkling water Directions
- Sift flour, baking powder, cocoa and sugar into a bowl. Set aside.
- In a second bowl mix eggs, oil and water.
- Pour the egg mix into the flour mix and stir just to combine. Don’t overwork the batter.
- Place cupcake liners in a muffin pan. Fill each muffin well about three-quarters full. Bake in a preheated static oven at 180 °C for about 20 - 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the muffin comes out clean.
This recipe was so easy to make and i loved it. - jnorah
I don't give very many 5 star rating unless the recipe is truly "the best". This pound cak...
See Full Review >> - shaunna