Sweet potatoes and carrot muffins
Great muffins with sweet potato puree and carrots. A twist of ginger and cinamon gives them a spicy aftertaste. They're tasty, soft and moist. Perfect for breakfast or a snack.
For 4 Person(s)
Ingredients for 15 - 18 cupcakes
- 110 ml olive oil
- 120 g brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 medium size sweet potato
- 2 medium size carrots grated
- 190 g all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 0.5 tsp baking soda
- pinch of salt
- pinch of nutmeg
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
- 0.5 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tbsp raisins
Sweet potatoes and carrot muffins Directions
- Depending on the size of your veggies this recipe makes 15 – 18 cupcakes. Line your muffin pans with paper liners and heat the oven to 190° C.
- Place the sugar and oil in the bowl. Beat on medium speed until the sugar is incorporated, about 1 minute with your hand or stand mixer. Stop the mixer and scrape down the sides of the bowl. Return the mixer to medium speed and add the eggs 1 at a time, beating well after each addition about 2 minutes.
- Reduce the speed to medium low, add the mashed sweet potato, and beat until well combined, another 2 minutes.
- Place the flour, baking powder, baking soda, all the spices and salt in a large bowl and whisk to break up any lumps. Set aside.
Turn the mixer to low speed, add grated carot and beat until just combined, then slowly add the flour mixture, and beat until almost incorporated, about 1 minute. Fold in any unincorporated flour at the edges with a rubber spatula and make sure to scrape to the bottom of the bowl. Add the raisins and fold them in.
- Fill the muffin wells three-quarters of the way.
- Place the muffin pans side by side in the oven and bake for 20 - 25 minutes. Bake until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cupcakes comes out clean. Place the pans on wire racks and let them cool for 5 minutes. Remove the cupcakes from the pans and cool completely on the racks.
My kids aren't great fans of carrots, but they ate these up even without frosting! - parrotns