Sweet potatoes and carrot muffins
Delicious muffins with sweet potato puree and carrots. A twist of ginger and cinamon gives them a spicy aftertaste. They're yummy, soft and moist. Perfect for breakfast or a snack.
For 4 Person(s)
Ingredients for 15 - 18 cupcakes
- 110 ml olive oil
- 120 g brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 medium size sweet potato
- 2 medium size carrots grated
- 190 g all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 0.5 tsp baking soda
- pinch of salt
- pinch of nutmeg
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
- 0.5 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tbsp raisins
Sweet potatoes and carrot muffins Directions
- Depending on the size of your veggies this recipe makes 15 – 18 cupcakes. Line your muffin pan with paper liners and preheat the oven to 190 °C.
- Place sugar and oil in a bowl. Beat using an electric mixer on medium speed until the sugar is dissolved (about 1 minute) then scrape down the sides of the bowl. Beat again on medium speed and add eggs (1 at a time) for about 2 minutes for each egg.
- Reduce the speed to medium low, add mashed sweet potato, and beat until well combined for another 2 minutes.
- Place flour, baking powder, baking soda, all the spices and salt in a large bowl and whisk to break any lumps. Set aside.
Turn the mixer to low speed, add grated carot and mix until just combined, then slowly add the flour mixture and stir in gently. Fold in any flour at the edges with a rubber spatula and make sure to scrape to the bottom of the bowl. Add the raisins and fold them in.
- Divide the batter evenly among the muffin wells.
My kids aren't great fans of carrots, but they ate these up even without frosting! - parrotns