Christmas orange and chocolate cookies with gianduia cream
These Christmas orange and chocolate cookies filled with the delicious gianduiia namelaka cream are just amazing. The decoration made with dark chocolate and sprinkles give them an extra crunch. A must try!
For 2 Dozen(s)
- 200 g all-purpose flour
- 30 g dark chocolate powder (I used Decora brand)
- 90 g powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp dark cocoa powder
- 3 tbsp honey
- 120 g cold butter
- 1 medium egg
- 1 orange (only the zest)
- 100 g dark chocolate
Ingredients for the cream
- 170 g gianduia chocolate
- 100 ml milk
- 1 tsp acacia honey or glucose syrup
- 200 ml cold whipping cream
- 3 g gelatin sheets or powder
Christmas orange and chocolate cookies with gianduia cream Directions
- For this recipe I used dark chocolate powder and sprinkles from Italian company Decora. The dark chocolate powder gives an intense and fragrant flavor and I strongly recommend to use it but in case you can't find this product I suggest to replace it with 2 tablespoons of good quality dark cocoa powder.
- The night before making these cookies melt the gianduia chocolate over a water bath or in a microwave. Heat the milk and dissolve honey and gelatine that has been previously soaked in cold water for 10 minutes (squeeze it well if you are using gelatin sheets). Gradually add hot milk into the chocolate. Using an immersion blender blend the mixture until smooth. Add cold whipping cream and blend again, trying to incorporate as little air as possible. Place in the refrigerator for at least 8 hours before using it.
- In a bowl bring together flour, cocoa, chocolate powder, powdered sugar, honey, egg, cold butter and orange zest. Briefly work all the ingredients until the dough becomes uniform. Cover with plastic wrap and let it rest in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Helping yourself with more flour, roll out the dough to a height of 3 to 4 millimeters and use the square cookie cutter (or by cutting them manually) cut out about 2 dozen cookies. Bake in a preheated static oven at 180 °C for 8 to 10 minutes or until the edges of the cookies start to get dark.
- Once baked let cool completely and decorate half of the biscuits with melted dark chocolate and sprinkles.
This recipe comes from the collaboration with Decora - a company specializing in the production of materials for the decoration and production of cakes and desserts.
Just tried making these, this recipe is amazingly good! I will absolutely be making these again. - S. Allen