Peanut butter energy bars
Super yummy, super fast and easy to prepare and super healthy homemade energy bars with puffed barley*, honey, freshly made peanut butter, raisins, almonds and pumpkin seeds.
For 4 Person(s)
- 130 g peanuts
- 100 g (or more) honey
- 100 g puffed barley (me Cuoredi puffed honey barley)
- 60 g almonds
- 30 g shelled pumpkin seeds
- 30 g raisins
Peanut butter energy bars Directions
- For this recipe I used organic puffed barley with honey from CUOREdi. As with all of their products the package was sealed perfectly and the puffed barley was crispy and fresh.
- Roast the peanuts for a couple of minutes in a dry frying pan. Be careful not to burn them. Move the hot peanuts into the blender jug and blend for about 5 minutes or until the peanuts release oil and become creamy and spreadable.
- Place puffed barley, pumpkin seeds, raisins and chopped almonds in a bowl.
- Whisk honey and freshly made peanut butter in a small pan. Bring to a boil (be careful, the mixture burns easily) and pour it over the rest of the ingredients.
This recipe was born thanks to the collaboration with CUOREdi - a company that produces organic, gluten-free products, stone ground flours and ready to use blends for high quality sweet and salty recipes.