Cardamom Christmas cookie bites
These little butter cookies with some colorful sugar sprinkles do not contain egg yolk but only the egg white. They have a soft texture which is slightly chewy. The aroma and flavor of cardamom makes them fantastic Christmas cookies, but if you did not like this spice you can easily use cinnamon or lemon zest.
For 4 Person(s)
- 200 g all-purpose flour
- 0.5 tsp baking powder
- 1 pinch of salt
- 3 tbsp sprinkles
- 1 tsp powdered cardamom
- 110 g soft butter
- 80 g white sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg white
Cardamom Christmas cookie bites Directions
- In a bowl mix flour, baking powder, salt, sprinkles and cardamom powder.
- In a second bowl, place the butter and beat it slowly adding the sugar until it becomes light and fluffy (2-3 minutes). Add vanilla extract, egg white and beat again for a couple of minutes.
- Mix the content of 2 bowls using a ruber spatula and then knead briefly by hand to mix well all the ingredients.
- Lay the dough on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Give it a slightly rectangular shape and cover with a sheet of plastic wrap.
- Roll out the dough with a rolling pin, the dough should be about 1 cm high. Take a sharp knife and divide into many little rectangles. The dough grows slightly while cooking so I recommend to make some space between the cookies or you can leave them and cut them onced cooked with a sharp knife.
I'm loving you photos. I've made these without the sprinkles and I've put more cardamom and some gin...
See Full Review >> - silverfox