A really simple recipe (to prepare it you just need a bowl, your hands and the baking tray) for some soft biscuits with a delicate flavor and unique texture. The amaretto liqueur reinforces the taste of almonds, but is not strictly necessary. The dough keeps well its form while baking.
For 2 Dozen(s)
- 160 g all-purpose flour
- 50 g potato starch
- 150 g marzipan
- 80 g soft butter
- 60 g brown sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp amaretto liqueur (I used Disaronno) (optional)
- some shelled almonds for decoration (optional)
Marzipan cookies Directions
- Put all the ingredients (except shelled almonds) in a bowl.
- Knead briefly all ingredients by hand until you get a smooth and homogeneous dough.
- Take small pieces of the dough, form small balls and place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Press down slightly with the bottom of a cup (or by hand), insert an almond in the center and carve the edge of the dough with a fork.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 190° C for 14 - 16 minutes. Once removed from the oven let it cool completely before serving.
I'm not a "baker" but this recipe grabbed my attention. They were easy to prepare and modi...
See Full Review >> - laura0459