Coriander wholemeal cookies
A simple recipe for tasty and healthy wholemeal cookies. The delicate flavor of freshly ground coriander amazed me with its fragrance.
Waiting time 30m
For 4 Person(s)
Ingredients for about 15 -18 cookies
- 250 g wholemeal flour
- 125 g soft butter
- 120 g brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp milk
- 2 tsp coriander seeds
Coriander wholemeal cookies Directions
- Toast the coriander seeds for a couple of minutes on a dry pan. Put them into a mortar and grind. Set aside.
- Place butter and sugar in a bowl and beat on medium speed until light and fluffy, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed, about 3 minutes
- Add egg and beat on medium speed until incorporated.
- Sift the flour into the mixture. Add coriander and milk and stir until the dough just comes together. If the mixture is too dry add more milk. Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and place in refrigerator for at least half an hour.
- Roll the dough into walnut size balls. Place balls apart on a lined baking sheet, then flatten slightly twice with a fork to crate the pattern on top of each cookie.
Omg. These were AMAZING! Doing double amount next time - Kirsten