No-bake vanilla and coconut cake
This cake is easy and quick to prepare. The friable cookies become soft and melt-in-your-mouth thanks to the cream made of milk, vanilla and butter*. A layer of cherry or raspberry marmalade gives it a sour twist. This no-bake cake is cover with toasted shredded coconut and have some raspeberries for a fresh and yummy decoration.
For 12 Serving(s)
- 80 g soft butter (me unsulted butter by Lurpak)
- 550 ml milk
- 1 vanilla bean
- 85 g white sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 tbsp corn starch
- 1 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 340 g petit butter cookies (or other flat butter cookies)
- 150 g cherry or raspberry marmalade
- 80 g shredded coconut
No-bake vanilla and coconut cake Directions
- Pour all the milk except a half glass in a pot. Split the vanilla bean in half and extract the seeds. Add the vanilla and sugar into the milk in the pan and stir. Meanwhile add egg yolks and corn starch into the milk that you have put aside and mix well until there are no visible traces of flour.
- Turn the heat on and as soon as the milk in a pot reaches a boiling point add the previously prepeared mixture and stir. Bring everything back to a boil and cook for another minute while continuing to stir. Cover the cream with a layer of plastic wrap and set aside until it becomes completely cold.
- Whip the butter with electric mixer until it becomes light and frothy then gradually add the prepared cream and put aside.
- In a non-stick pan toast the coconut shreds on a low heat until they become crisp and golden.
- Spread the bottom of a pan (20 x 30 cm) with some butter and cover the pan with baking paper. Lay a layer of cookies and add the first dose of milk and butter cream. Cover with another layer of cookies but his time add a thin layer of sour cherry or raspberry jmarmalade. Alternate with another layer of cookies, cream and cookies. Add the last dose of cream but this time cover everything with the toasted coconut.
This recipe was created thanks to the collaboration with Lurpak. Excellent Danish butter perfect for professional pastry making and for homemade use.
Today I have try this cake it's very tasty I love it - Shital