Pavlova cake with lemon cream and fresh fruit
This amazing sweet Pavlova cake is a great way to use white eggs. Crisp crust yet soft and light inside, sweet and delicious. The sweetness of this cake is counterbalanced by the tangy and exquisite lemon cream and the freshness of fresh seasonal fruit.
For 4 Person(s)
Ingredients for Pavlova
- 6 egg whites (room temperature)
- 300 g white sugar
- 1 tsp potato starch
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- fresh fruit to taste (I used raspberries)
Ingredients for lemon cream
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 egg
- 150 g brown sugar
- 3 lemon (only the juice)
- 1 tbsp potato starch
- 1 tsp olive oil
Pavlova cake with lemon cream and fresh fruit Directions
- The egg whites must be at room temperature. Beat egg whites until stiff.
- Gradually beat in white sugar (one tablespoon at a time) until stiff and shiny. Add lemon juice and beat again. Combine the potato starch and beat in briefly just to incorporate.
- Preheat the static oven to 180 °C. Meanwhile, line the baking tray with the baking paper. Draw 2 circles of 20 cm wide each. Turn thebaking paper on the other side and divide the whites between the 2 drawn circles. Smooth the sides and a top with a spoon or a spatula.
- Bake Pavlova at 180 °C for 5 minutes then lower the temperature to 140 °C and bake for another 80 minutes. Once baked remove the pan from the oven and let it cool down completely.
- For lemon cream: combine all the ingredients except the oil in a pot. Mix well with a whisk to disolve the starch and the sugar.
- Turn the heat on and cook on a medium - low heat, stirring constantly, until the cream becomes thick and begins to boil. Turn off the heat, add olive oil, stir and set aside to cool down completely.
- Cover the first meringue with half the prepared lemon cream and add seasonal fruits. Cover with the second meringue and again decorate with cream and fruit. Don't worry if your Pavlova collapse in the center. It is natural as the Pavlova cake is very delicate and the stuffings and creams are often abundant and heavy. Serve immediately and store in the fridge.