Soft and easy cake with yogurt and apples (also gluten free version)
Easy, quick, soft and delicious cake with yogurt and apples. I have also prepared a gluten free version (using rice flour) for my celiac friend and it was a success.
For 4 Person(s)
- 1 apple
- 3 medium eggs
- 160 g brown sugar
- 140 ml vegetable oil
- 125 ml lactose-free yogurt (or regular one)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 300 g all-purpose flour (for the gluten free version use rice flour)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- lemon zest to taste
- powdered sugar to taste
Soft and easy cake with yogurt and apples (also gluten free version) Directions
- Separate the eggs. Whip the whites until stiff.
- Add the egg yolks, sugar, oil, vanilla extract, and the yogurt and stir until all ingredients are combined.
- Add the sifted flour (or rice flour if you are making the gluten-free version) together with the baking soda and baking powder and grated lemon zest (I used a whole lemon).
- Gently stir in the flour. Line a square baking pan with parchment paper, pour the mixture and gently place, rather thin, apple slices (skin off) on top.
Never heard of this recipe before, but it sure looks tasty!! - lavanit20