Coriander and pineapple cake
This moist and aromatic cake is easy to prepare and is suitable for different occasions. The cream cheese frosting with the addition of pineapple juice is delicate and in perfect union with the not too sweet cake.
For 4 Person(s)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 0.25 cup wholemeal flour
- 0.5 cup white sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 0.5 tsp baking soda
- 0.25 tsp salt
- 1.5 tsp (or more) ground coriander
- 0.25 tsp ground ginger
- 1 cup finely chopped canned pineapple
- 0.25 cup vegetable oil (I used olive oil)
- 2 eggs at room temperature
Ingredients for the frosting
- 60 g powdered sugar
- 200 g cream cheese
- 2 tbsp (or less) pineapple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
Coriander and pineapple cake Directions
- In a bowl mix the flours, sugar, spices, salt, baking soda and baking powder.
- Add the oil, eggs and pineapple previously drained (remember to set aside a few tablespoon of syrup for the frosting) and finely chopped. Mix together briefly.
- Line a 20 cm baking tray with baking paper, then transfer the dough and bake it in preheated oven at 180° C for about 50 minutes. After this time, check if the cake is ready with a toothpick by sticking it in the center of the cake. If the toothpick is clean then the cake is ready otherwise it needs a few more minutes of cooking. Before stuffing the cake let it cool down completely.
- For the frosting beat the cream cheese with icing sugar, two tablespoons of pineapple syrup and vanilla extract until it becomes smooth and fluffy (3 - 4 minutes).
- Divide the cake into 2 parts. Spread the first part with half of the frosting, cover with the second piece of cake. Finally cover the top piece with the remaining frosting then decorate with a few slices of pineapple and a spinkle of coriander powder.
The foto is not so great but the cake is amazing. Ive made it twice already and it is always perfect...
See Full Review >> - dadiry