Healthy, sweet and different. Zucchini (same like carrots) combined with spices and brown sugar create a moist and soft cake that is rich in fiber and delicious. An excellent way to give some extra vegetables to your children.
For 4 Person(s)
Ingredients (using 240 ml cup)
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 400 g zucchini
- 150 g vegetable oil (I used mixed seeds oil)
- 2.5 tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole meal flour
- 0.5 tsp nutmeg
- 2 tbsp cinnamon
- chopped nuts , chocolate chips or raisins (optional)
Zucchini cake Directions
- Wash the zucchini, remove the tips and grate the vegetable on grater with large holes then leave to rest for 5 minutes and squeeze gently with your hands to get rid of the excess water.
- In a bowl mix the eggs with the sugar and vanilla extract.
- Add the oil and spices and whisk.
- Add the zucchini, both flours, salt and baking powder. If you like at this point you can also add raisins, chocolate chips or nuts. Stir briefly to mix all the ingredients.
- Pour the mixture into a rectangular pan (22 x 33 cm mine) previously lined with baking paper. Spread it evenly covering the whole pan. Use the back of the spoon because the mixture is quite thick. Bake for 45-50 minutes in the preheated oven at 175° C and check with a toothpick if it is ready before removing it from the oven. If it is still pretty wet you can add 5 more minutes.
- Let it cool down before taking it out of the baking pan then serve sprinkled with powdered sugar or with some honey cream cheese frosting.
I love cakes with veggies. Nice and moist. - sofiabee