Puff pastry braid with creamy filling and strawberries
An union of flavors and smells. The taste of strawberries become even more irresistible thanks to the creamy filling flavored with lemon, all closed in a crispy puff pastry braid. A cake simple in the preparation but beautiful in appearance and delicious in taste.
For 4 Person(s)
- 200 g strawberries
- 100 g cream cheese
- 40 g brown sugar
- lemon zest
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 puff pastry sheet
Puff pastry braid with creamy filling and strawberries Directions
- Clean the strawberries, slice them and set aside. In a bowl mix the cheese with sugar, vanilla extract and lemon zest.
- Roll out the puff pastryand with a sharp knife or pastry cutter divide it into 3 equal parts following the longer edge of the rectangle.
- Cut strips of pastry (more or less similar to each other) from the external parts of the dough, starting from the central part and cutting in diagonal manner towards the outside. Discard the last pieces of dough from the top and the bottom.
- Spread the central part of the sheet with the cheese mix (leaving about a centimeter of the edge) and place over the sliced strawberries.
- Fold both the base and the top of puff pastry by overlapping the strawberries.
- Starting from the top overlap the side strips. Take the first strip to the right and lay it diagonally towards the center, use the same procedure with the first right-hand strip. Continue with this process until you finish all stripes.
- Spread the braid with a tablespoon of water mixed with one egg and sprinkle everything with some brown sugar. Cook in the preheated oven at 200 ° C for 25 - 30 min. Serve once completely cooled down.
It is in the oven now ! Can't wait to try it - Kari Sher