Simple ricotta cake
Simple soft cake with very few ingredients. No eggs and butter needed. The cake's texture is thick but soft and the cinnamon brown sugar topping gives an extra crunch. The recipe has been slightly modified compared to “Sale e pepe” magazine.
For 4 Person(s)
Ingredients for a small baking tray (17 - 18cm)
- 250 g soft ricotta cheese
- 250 g all-purpose flour
- 200 g brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking powder
Ingredients for the topping
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
Simple ricotta cake Directions
- In a bowl combine ricotta cheese, flour, sugar, baking powder and vanilla extract.
- Mix all ingredients and knead until the mixture is smooth and homogeneous.
- Transfer the dough onto a small (17 - 18 cm) round baking tray, lined with baking parchment. Press gently with your hands.
- Sprinkle the top with sugar mixed with cinnamon.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake in a preheated oven at 200° C for about 40 minutes. Take off the foil and leave the cake in the oven for another 10 - 15 minutes. Best served cold with fresh strawberries or some jam.
too spongy for me - sithprincess90