Brioche with cherry marmelade
Delicious brioche with a rich flavor of cherry marmelade and amazing orange scent. Perfect for a tea time or for a sweet breakfast with a cup of hot coffee.
For 4 Person(s)
- 200 g (about) of cherry marmelade (I used Monte Rè brand)
- 400 g all-purpose flour
- 50 g brown sugar
- 1 tsp active dry yeast
- 120 ml warm milk
- 1 orange (only the zest)
- 2 eggs (room temperature)
- 110 g butter (I used Lurpak brand)
Brioche with cherry marmelade Directions
- For this recipe I used the cherry marmelade from Monte Rè. The marmelade is delicious: very sweet, but balanced by the slightly sour taste of cherries. Dark and intense in color. The consistency is dense and full of fruit pieces.
- n a bowl combine flour, active dry yeast yeast and sugar.
- Begin to work the dough gradually adding eggs and warm milk, orange zest and finally butter (I used Lurpak butter) cut into small pieces. Knead the dough for about 10 minutes until it becomes smooth and elastic even if slightly sticky. Lay the dough in a greased bowl and let it rise for about 2 hours or until it doubles the volume.
- Deflate the dough and divide it into 5 equal parts. Roll out the first piece of dough in a disc, about couple of milimeters in hight, and spread it with 1 tablespoon of marmelade.
- Cover the first layer of dough with a second disk cover it with more marmelade. Continue in this way with other pieces, leaving the last disc not coated on the surface (as in the picture), then take a pizza cutter or a sharp knife and divide the brioche into 8 wedges.
- Take the tip of the first layer from one of the wedges and fold it on itself, hiding the tip under the edge (as in the picture). Continue in this way with the other layers and with the other segments.
- Cover the brioche with a layer of plastic wrap or a cotton cloth and let it rise in a warm place for another hour.
This recipe comes from the collaboration with Monte Rè - a company specialized in the cultivation of plums and in the production of food products related to them.
Looks great..will try. All your recipes are fantastic. - Jay