Ricotta and lemon scones
A lemon version of scones. Flaky and flavorful. Quick and easy breakfast or snack.
For 4 Person(s)
- 320 g all-purpose flour
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1 pinch of salt
- 60 g sugar
- 1 lemon (the zest)
- 120 g very cold butter
- 60 ml cold milk
- 1 egg
- 120 g ricotta
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
- some lemon juice + powdered sugar for the glaze
Ricotta and lemon scones Directions
- In a bowl mix the flour with sugar, salt, baking powder and lemon zest. Take the very cold butter and using a grater with large holes, grate the butter directly into the flour.
- Mix briefly, just to stir the flour with the butter.
- Mix the milk, lemon juice, vanilla extract, the ricotta and the egg and to the flour and butter mixture.
- Briefly knead the dough. Just mix the ingredients. Don't worry if the dough is full of lumps and sticky.
- Dust a flat surface with some flour, move the dough on the surface and sprinkle it with more flour. Flatten the dough uniformly to obtain a disc about 2 - 3 cm high.
- Divide it into 8 equal triangles. Gently transfer them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Brush with a little milk and bake in a static oven preheated to 200°C.
- For the glaze mix the lemon juice with the icing sugar until you get the desired consistency.
These look so yummy...Going to share the recipe with my daughter who loves to bake scones. :-) - jen Luv