Extra soft brioche with crunchy caramelized brown sugar
This super soft brioche is covered with caramelized brown sugar that created a thin crispy layer. Delicate and tasty perfect for delicious breakfast.
Waiting time 1h 45m
For 4 Person(s)
- 500 g strong bread flour
- 7 g dry yeast
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 lemon (only the zest)
- 2 tbsp brown sugar + more for coating
- 2 tsp barley malt syrup (optional)
- 1 egg
- 300 ml milk
- 50 g butter
Extra soft brioche with crunchy caramelized brown sugar Directions
- In a large bowl mix the flour with the dry yeast, 2 tablespoons of sugar, a pinch of salt and the lemon zest.
- Heat the milk over low together with in butter to melt it completely. Turn off the heat and let cool slightly. Pour the warm milk, barley malt syrup and the egg into the flour mix and begin to stir.
- Knead the dough for minimum 10 minutes. The dough will be sticky at the beginning but gradually it will become smooth, homogeneous and elastic. Move the dough into a bowl. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and let rise in a warm place for 1 hour.
- After this period deflate the dough and divide it into 4 equal parts. With your hands, roll out each dough to create 4 long strands. Roll out each strand together with 1 tablespoon of brown sugar until they are covered completely. Give the form to the brioche following the instructions in the photos.
- Move the brioche on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper, cover with a cloth towel and let rise for about 45 minutes.
Thank you very much for sharing your expertise. I will try to make this tonight. :) - Perlinkle pony