Perfect french toast
Sweet and delicious, fragrant french toast recipe. Honey, cinnamon, egg yolks, milk and cream - that's sounds soo yummy to me.
Waiting time 6h
For 4 Serving(s)
- 1 soft bread or bun
- 2 egg yolks
- 50 ml milk
- 50 ml cream
- 0.5 tbsp honey or sugar
- 0.5 tsp cinnamon
- oil for the pan
- honey, maple syrup, fresh fruit or whipped cream to serve
Perfect french toast Directions
- The night before put your soft bread in frizzer to freeze it. This will allow you to obtain the perfect shape when you cut off the crust. This step is not extremely necessary but I advise you to follow it.
- In a bowl combine the eggs, milk, cream, honey and cinnamon.
- Cut off the crust from your bread so as to obtain a form with rectangular sides. Divide the sandwich into 4 portions.
- Place 4 pieces of bread in the mix of eggs and cream. Let soak for a few minutes and turn on the other side to repeat.
- Heat a frying pan and grease it evenly with oil (use a piece of towel paper to remove excess oil).
- Cook the toast, on medium-low heat, on one side until it turns golden-brown (a few minutes), flip gently and cook the other side another couple of minutes. Flip the toast a couple of times and cook for some more minutes without burning it, if you toast is very thick. Serve warm with whipped cream, fresh fruit, more honey or maple syrup.
Niceeee! sweet idea to freeze the bread. thx - shelly