A quick and easy way to create fragrant puff pastry turnovers with apple filling. If you have a sheet of puff pastry ready in your fridge and a few apples on hand you can prepare this dessert in a few minutes.
For 6 Serving(s)
- 1 puff pastry sheet
- 1 Granny Smith apple
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 0.5 tbsp white sugar
- 0.5 tsp cinnamon
- 0.25 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tbsp raisins or dried cranberries
- 0.5 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 lemon (only the zest)
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp water
Apple turnovers Directions
- Peel, quarter, and core the apple and then dice it. Put the apple in a bowl. Add lemon juice, potato starch, lemon zest, raisins, spices and two kinds of sugar and mix well.
- In a small bowl mix the egg with 1 tablespoon of water.
- Cut 6 squares from the puff pastry sheet. Brush the edges of each square with the egg wash and neatly place the apple mixture in the center of each square.
- Fold the pastry diagonally over the apple mixture and seal by pressing the edges with a fork. Brush with remaining egg and make 3 small cuts on the surface.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 200° C for 20 minutes. Serve at a room temperature or still warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
Put some really nice whipped cream with it and you could have a tasty dessert. - Joan May