Patate in umido (Italian side dish) - tomato stewed potatoes
Tomato stewed potatoes (called patete in umido) is a delicious Italian side dish. A peasant dish that is very simple to prepare and goes perfectly with fish and meat.
For 4 Person(s)
- 1 kg potato
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup smooth tomato sauce
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- salt, pepper, chopped parsley leaves to taste
Patate in umido (Italian side dish) - tomato stewed potatoes Directions
- In a saucepan heat the oil. Add the garlic and cook it for 2 minutes.
- Add the potatoes (previously peeled and cut into cubes) and stir. Add the water, tomato sauce, salt, pepper and a handful of chopped parsley. Stir and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and cook, stirring occasionally, until the potatoes are tender (it took 30 minutes in my case) and the sauce becomes thicker. If the sauce is getting thick too quickly add more water.
looks interesting. never heard of this dish. going to give it a try - Torres Pillar