Placki ziemniaczane - Polish crispy hash browns
How to prepare some perfect golden and crispy Polish potato hash browns? The secret is to let rest the grated potatoes so that they release the extra juices. The recipe comes from my Polish family. In fact, in Polish cuisine they are called placki ziemniaczane :D
For 1 Dozen(s)
- 0.5 kg potato
- 0.5 tbsp (or more) all-purpose flour
- 1 egg
- salt and pepper to taste
- some olive oil to grease the pan
Placki ziemniaczane - Polish crispy hash browns Directions
- Wash and peel the potatoes. Grate the potatoes into a bowl using a grater with small holes. Let them rest for 10 minutes without mixing them. While they rest, gently remove the excess water that has accumulated. Past the 10 minutes press the potatoes on the bottom of the bowl to remove some other moisture.
- A this point add the egg, half a tablespoon of flour, a big pinch of salts, a pinch of pepper and stir.
- Heat the pan. Grease it with a little oil. Pour a spoonful of potato batter onto the pan. Use the soon to spread the batter to create a thin pancake. Cook for about 2 - 3 minutes per side. Cook 4 or 5 pieces at once.
My Polish granma used to make these for me. I'm going to try them for sure. Than you - piper K