Oven roasted veggie fries
A delicious side dish of mixed vegetables roasted in the oven. An easy way to get your kids eat some more veggies. The use of starch creates a crispy layer on the vegetables and the addition of fresh herbs make them even tastier.
For 2 Person(s)
- 3 small potatoes
- 5 small carots
- 5 small parsley roots
- 1 medium zucchini
- 2 tbsp (or more) corn or potato starch
- 2 tbsp (or more) extra virgin olive oil
- fresh herbs of your choice (I used thyme)
- salt to taste
Oven roasted veggie fries Directions
- Prepare your vegetables. Clean and peel the potatoes, carrots and parsley roots. Discard the tips from the zucchini. Cut the vegetables into sticks and dry them gently with paper towels to remove some moisture.
- Place the vegetables in a bowl and add the potato (or corn) starch. Toss to completely cover the veggies with the starch.
- Add oil, herbs and salt (I used fresh thyme and half a teaspoon of salt). Shake the pan to completely cover the sticks with the oil and spices.
- Preheat the oven to 200° - 220° C. Place the vegetables on the baking tray covered with baking paper and roast until the potatoes are tender and slightly crispy about 20 - 30 minutes.
Hands down the BEST veggie fries I have eaten. - SuzLee83