Another version of hummus. This time I used the seasonal vegetable, that is the pumpkin, to give a little sweetness to one of my favorite side dishes. Pumpkin goes perfectly with chickpeas and flavour of paprika (both sweet and smoked) and the heat of the chili powder. If you do not have ready to use pumpkin puree, I would like to remind you that on foodohfood you can find the recipe that tells you how to make homemade pumpkin puree.
For 1 Batch(es)
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 can chickpeas
- tahini (sesame paste) to taste (I used 4 tsp)
- 0.5 lemon (only the juice)
- 1 tsp sweet or smoked paprika
- chili powder or cayenne pepper to taste
- some water
- 1 pinch salt
- olive oil to taste
- red pepper flakes for garnish (optional)
Pumpkin hummus Directions
- Place drained chickpeas, tahini, mashed pumpkin, lemon juice, paprika, red pepper, salt and a few tablespoons of water in a blender. Blend until smooth. Add a few tablespoons of water if you want a more liquid hummus.
I followed this recipe except for the tahini. It turned out great, and I will make it again. I have ...
See Full Review >> - JennyK