Beside traditional chickpea hummus there are countless variations. Chickpeas are replaced with different types of legumes or the classic mixture of chickpeas, tahini, lemon and garlic is accompanied by different types of vegetables and spices. The beetroot hummus is one of these variations. Baked beetroot goes perfectly with the delicate chickpea flavour and surprises everyone with its lively and cheerful colour.
For 1 Batch(es)
- 1 can chickpeas
- tahini to taste (I used 3 tsp)
- 1 large garlic clove
- 0.5 lemon (only the juice)
- 4 small beetroots
- salt and pepper to taste
- extra virgin olive oil to taste
Beetroot hummus Directions
- Wash the beetroots Remove the skin, cover them with aluminum foil and bake in preheated oven at 200 °C until they are tender. Once cooked allow them to cool down.
- Drain your chickpeas. Place all ingredients except olive oil in a food processor fitted with a blade attachment. Blend until the mixture becomes smooth. Transfer hummus into a bowl, sprinkle with a few teaspoons of olive oil and a bit of sesame seeds for garnish. Hummus becomes tastier after a few hours when the flavors have blended. Regulate with salt and pepper if necessary and serve.
lot of love. B.
I love hummus and I love beetroots. Must do! - Jenny