Sweet and savory giant white beans stew
A warm and tasty side dish. A tasty, sweet and sour recipe perfect with a homemade bruschetta or a warm piece of flat bread.
For 4 Person(s)
- 1 can large butter beans or another kind of white beans
- 2 medium onions
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp butter
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp coriander seeds
- 0.5 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 4 tomatoes
Sweet and savory giant white beans stew Directions
- Drain and rinse the beans and set them aside.
- Blanch the tomatoes with boiling water, remove the skin and cut them into quarters. Set aside.
- Toast the coriander seeds and cumin in a dry pan for 3 - 4 minutes. Put the seeds into a mortar, add paprika and cinnamon and crush everything.
- Heat the oil and butter in the pan over medium heat. Add the onion slices and cook, stirring occasionally, until the onions have softened, about 4 - 6 minutes.
- Add the chopped garlic and spices. Cook, stirring occasionally, until fragrant, about 1 - 2 minutes.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, salt, sugar, vinegar and Worcestershire sauce. Stir to combine and bring to a simmer. Reduce the heat to medium low and simmer, stirring occasionally about 10 minutes.
- Add the beans, cover the pan and cook for another 10 - 15 minutes over medium - low heat. Add more salt if necessary and serve.
(diet, vegetarian, gluten free)
nice and quick, hearty bean stew. added some fresh sprigs of rosemary and thyme (pulled when done si...
See Full Review >> - robtheintz