White bean hummus
White bean hummus is an alternative to a classic chickpea hummus. It is slightly more delicate and creamy and is no less delicious than the traditional one. Rich in vegetable protein and healthy. Perfect with bruschetta, pita bread or crackers. On Foodohfood you can find an excellent recipe for homemade cheese crackers.
For 1 Batch(es)
- 1 can cannellini beans
- tahini (sesame paste) to taste (I used 2 tsp)
- 0.5 lemon (only the juice)
- water (I used 2 tbsp)
- 1 garlic clove
- salt and pepper to taste
- extra virgin olive oil to taste
- sweet or smoked paprika for garnish
- sesame seeds for garnish
White bean hummus Directions
- Place previously drained beans, tahini, lemon juice, water, a garlic clove and a pinch of salt and pepper in a food processor fitted with a blade attachment and blend until the mixture becomes a thick creamy spread.
- For an extra smooth hummus pass the mixture through a sieve.
This is a great recipe and yes, a big hit. My family recipe for hummus calls for 1/2 cup tahini. It...
See Full Review >> - Georgia Lleyewn