White bean hummus
White bean hummus is an alternatives to the classic chickpea hummus. It is slightly more delicate and creamy thanks to the consistency of the beans and is no less tasty than the original one. Rich in vegetable protein and healthy. Perfect with bruschetta, pita bread or crackers. On my website you can find an excellent recipe for homemade cheese crackers.
For 1 Batch(es)
- 1 can cannellini beans
- tahini (sesame paste) to taste (I used 2 tsp)
- 0.5 lemon (only the juice)
- water (I used 2 tbsp)
- 1 garlic clove
- salt and pepper to taste
- extra virgin olive oil to taste
- sweet or smoked paprika for garnish
- sesame seeds for garnish
White bean hummus Directions
- Place previously drained beans, tahini, lemon juice, water, a garlic clove and a pinch of salt and pepper in a food processor fitted with a blade attachment and blend until the mixture becomes a thick creamy spread.
- For an extra smooth hummus pass the mixture through a sieve.
- Transfer into a bowl, sprinkle with a few teaspoons of olive oil and a little bit of paprika and sesame seeds for garnish. The hummus becomes tastier after a few hours when the flavors have blended. If necessary add more salt and pepper and serve.
This is a great recipe and yes, a big hit. My family recipe for hummus calls for 1/2 cup tahini. It...
See Full Review >> - Georgia Lleyewn