Vegan mushroom goulash
Amazing and fragrant, hearty and intense, spiced goulash with potatoes, carrots, peas and bottom mushrooms.
For 4 Person(s)
Ingredients for the base
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion
- 5 fresh sage leaves
- 0.5 tsp (or more) smoked paprika
- 0.25 tsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp sweet paprika
- 0.25 tsp cumin seeds (or ground cumin)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 240 ml vegetable stock
Ingredients for foulash
- 300 g button mushrooms
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 500 g potato
- 1 big carrot
- 60 ml red wine
- 210 g fine tomato pulp (I used tomato made by Pomi)
- 120 ml vegetable stock
- 100 g frozen peas
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
Vegan mushroom goulash Directions
- For this recipe I used fine tomato pulp made by Pomì .
- Heat the oil in a small saucepan. Add chopped onion and sage leaves and cook on medium - low fire for 2 - 3 minutes until the onion begins to become translucent.
- Add two types of paprika, chilli pepper, cumin and a pinch of salt and pepper. Stir, cook for another minute and add 240 ml of vegetable stock. Bring to a boil, cover with lid and cook over low heat for 10 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and let cool down slightly then blend everything with an immersion blender.
- In a large saucepan heat oil and add cleaned mushrooms cleaned that you have cut into 4 pieces. Cook over high heat, stirring rarely until they become golden.
- Add diced potatoes and sliced carrots and a pinch of salt. Cook stirring occasionally over medium heat for another 5 minutes to let the vegetables become golden brown.
- At this point add wine, stir, turn up the flame and cook for another 2 minutes. Add fine tomato pulp, the stock and previously prepared spice mixture.
- Cook over medium heat for about 15 minutes or until the potatoes become tender. Add 1 tablespoon of soy sauce and frozen peas after first 5 minutes of cooking. The soy sauce will add to your vegan goulash a deep flavor that will add an extra touch to this dish. While cooking, taste it often and adjust with more salt and pepper if necessary.
- If the cooking liquid thickens to quickly, add more broth.
This recipe comes from the collaboration with Pomì - a company specialized in the production of tomato passata, paste, sauce and special products based on high quality tomato.
This was so delicious! I looked forward to making it and I loved it! - Crystal Adka