Buddha Bowl with pearl barley and grilled asparagus
This delicious salad / main vegetarian dish - Buddha bowl - is made of green vegetables such as asparagus and Romanesco broccoli grilled in the oven, pearl barley, and fresh cherry tomatoes and radishes. All garnished with a simple yogurt sauce with lemon juice, garlic and chives. Healthy and nutritious.
For 2 Person(s)
- 200 g pearl barley (I used Bartolini brand)
- 200 g romanesco broccoli
- 10 (or more) green asparagus
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- cherry tomatoes
- 1 plain yogurt (125 ml)
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 small garlic clove
- 1 tsp olive oil
Buddha Bowl with pearl barley and grilled asparagus Directions
- For this recipe I use pearl barley made by Bartolini.
- Cook pearl barley in salted water, following the instructions on the box, drain and set aside to cool.
- Put cleaned green asparagus and romanesco broccoli florets in a bowl. Sprinkle everything with olive oil, salt and pepper and toss to cover all the vegetable. Move to a baking tray and bake in a preheated oven at 200 °C until your vegetables become tender and slightly grilled (15 - 20 minutes). Remove from the oven and let cool down.
- Prepare the sauce by blending chives with yogurt, lemon juice, small garlic clove, a pinch of salt and pepper and 1 teaspoon of olive oil.
This recipe was born thanks to the collaboration with Bartolini - an Italian company that produces high quality food products: extra virgin olive oil, pasta, legumes and cereals, polenta and flour.
This looks good - Godot