Spelt risotto with radicchio and taleggio cheese
Radicchio and taleggio spelt risotto with intense but velvety flavor. The spelt * makes this recipe healthy and delicious. The mix of radicchio and taleggio gives a deep and slightly spicy flavor. A must try.
For 2 Person(s)
- 160 g spelt
- 0.5 red onion
- 0.5 cup white wine
- 15 g butter
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp butter
- 600 ml (about) vegetable broth
- 1 small radicchio (red chicory)
- 100 g taleggio cheese or strong brie cheese
- salt to taste
Spelt risotto with radicchio and taleggio cheese Directions
- For this recipe I used spelt from Cerreto. After cooking the spellt remained intact and rich in flavor.
- Rinse the spelt under cold running water and set aside.
- Slice the red onion. Discard the core from the radicchio and cut it into juliene then set aside about a quarter. Melt 15 g of butter toghether with the oil in a pan. Add onion and raricchio and cook on medium - low heat until the vegetable are tender and the onion becomes slightly translucent (about 5 min).
- At this point add a pinch of salt and spelt. Cook over a high flame for a couple of minutes, then add white wine and cook stirring often for another 2 to 3 minutes.
- Gradually begin to add previously heated vegetable broth by adding a ladle each time. Procede this way until the spelt becomes fully cooked (my took about 20 minutes) by adding more or less broth if necessary.
- Toward the end of the cooking add the rest of the radicchio and cook for another 30 seconds. Combine the butter, mix and cook another 30 seconds.
This recipe is born thanks to the collaboration with Cerreto - an Italian company that offers its customers high quality organic food products and supplements.
I MADE THIS IT WAS AMAZING... my parents were literly craving for it...thanks - jensyn