Baked vegetables in Walt Disney Ratatouille style
Today's recipe is a healthy and tasty vegetable dish. These baked vegetables are laid on a bed of tomato and bell pepper sause and can be used as a side dish or a vegetarian main course served with a garlic and oil bruschetta.
For 4 Person(s)
- 3 tbsp olive oil + more for brushing
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 medium onion
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 1 can whole canned tomatoes
- salt and pepper to taste
- 0.5 tsp of oregano + a pinch for the top
- 1 medium potato
- 1 small zucchini
- 1 tomato
Baked vegetables in Walt Disney Ratatouille style Directions
- In a skillet heat the oil. Add the minced garlic and the chopped onion and cook over medium - low heat for 2 - 3 minutes or until the onion is slightly translucent.
- Add the chopped bell pepper and cook over medium heat, stirring often for 5 minutes.
- Now add the tomatoes, salt, pepper and oregano and cook stirring occasionally for 10 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and let cool slightly. Pour the sauce into the blender jug or using the immersion blender blend everything until smooth. Taste and adjust with salt and pepper if necessary.
- Cut the potatoes, zucchini and tomato into slices (the potato should be very thin). Pour the sauce into a round glass baking dish then arrange slices of prepared vegetables concentrically from the outer edge to the inside alternating with each other. Brush with more oil, and sprinkle with a pinch of oregano.
"I can't remember the last time I asked the waiter to deliver my compliment to the chef....&quo...
See Full Review >> - Charizard