Pumpkin and peas spicy turmeric stew
Union of various spices with the predominant turmeric taste clashes with the sweetness of the pumpkin in this flavorful dish of vivid colors and flavors.
For 4 Person(s)
- 1 small piece of ginger (about 3 cm long)
- 2 large garlic cloves
- 1 medium onion
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 6 whole cardamom seeds
- 1 tsp cumin
- 250 ml coconut milk
- 450 ml vegetable broth
- 1 tbsp turmeric
- 1 tsp chili flakes
- 600 g pumpkin
- 2 tbsp fish sauce or soy sauce for the vegan version
- 2 handfuls of fresh spinach (tender leaves)
- 240 g fresh peas (frozen are fine as well)
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
Pumpkin and peas spicy turmeric stew Directions
- In a pan heat the oil, add ginger and minced garlic. Cook for 2 - 3 minutes.
- Add the cumin seeds and onion cut into strips. Continue to cook over medium - low heat for other 2 - 3 minutes.
- Shell cardamom and add the seeds into the pan together with coconut milk. Bring to a simmer.
- Add broth, turmeric, fish sauce, sugar and finally the pumpkin.
- After few minutes add peas. Cook over medium heat until the pumpkin becomes soft. Turn the heat off and while the stew is still hot add spinach and 1 - 2 tablespoons of lemon juice. Serve hot.
(diet, vegetarian, gluten free, lactose free)
the pumpkin falls apart - babyG