Vegetarian oven roasted stuffed bellpeppers
These baked stuffed bell peppers are a delicious and tasty vegetable dish. Colorful peppers contain the crunchiness of the bread mixed with capers, cheese, parsley and garlic. This union between sweet and salty amazed me with its balance.
For 4 Person(s)
- 2 bellpeppers
- 1 small roll or some slices of bread
- 2 tbsp grated pecorino cheese
- 1 small tomato
- 0.5 garlic clove
- 1 tbsp salted capers
- 2 springs of parsley
- pinch (or more) of salt
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
Vegetarian oven roasted stuffed bellpeppers Directions
- Wash and dry the peppers. Remove the stems, seeds and divide into 3 parts. Place them in a baking dish lightly greased with oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Coarsely chop the bread and toast it in a frying pan without seasoning for 3 - 4 minutes. In a bowl stir toasted bread, grated pecorino cheese, capers (previously rinsed), chopped garlic and chopped parsley.
- Fill the peppers with the prepared mix. On each pepper place some pieces of diced tomato and sprinkle everything with a little olive oil.
I love these. So amazing, so crunchy. Thank you for the recipe. - givenchy violet