Leek and mushroom puff pastry pie
Puff pastry pie - simple but delicious. With a strong rustic flavor of champignon mushrooms*, leek and pecorino cheese. Serve hot or cold as a main dish or an appetizer.
For 4 Person(s)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 30 g butter
- 1 leek (white and light green parts)
- 350 g champignon mushrooms (I used mushrooms by Bioexpress)
- 2 tbsp white wine
- salt and pepper to taste
- 70 g grated pecorino cheese
- 230 g puff pastry (I used round one)
- milk and black sesame seeds for garnish
Leek and mushroom puff pastry pie Directions
- Heat oil and butter in a pan. Add sliced leek and cook over medium - low heat for 3 - 4 minutes until the vegetable become tender and slightly transparent.
- Add sliced mushrooms, stir and cook over medium - high heat for another 6 minutes, stirring rarely to cook the mushrooms and being careful not to burn them. Towards the end of cooking add 2 tablespoons of white wine, salt and pepper and continue cooking for another 2 minutes. Turn off the flame and set aside for 10 minutes to let them cool down.
- Roll out the puff pastry onto baking paper. Add the mushroom filling and the grated pecorino cheese.
- Close the puff pastry into half-moon and seal the edges with a fork. Brush with some milk and create a couple of dimples on the surface to let the air come out during the cooking process. Place in the fridge while heating the oven.
In this recipe I used champignon mushrooms by Bioexpress. The products that I was given were fresh and fragrant.