Savory strudel with broccoli rabe and potatoes
An easy and quick recipe for a full of different flavours puff pastry savory strudel. Perfect combination of broccoli rabe, potatoes and smoked melted cheese. To be prepared in a very short time and to serve as a mine dish or as an appetizer.
For 10 Serving(s)
- 300 g drained broccoli rabe (or fresh cleaned and blanched)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 fresh chili pepper or ground chili pepper to taste
- 300 g boiled potatoes
- 1 sheet of puff pastry (round or rectangular)
- 100 g smoked medium hard cheese (I used smoked scamorza)
- some milk
- some salt
Savory strudel with broccoli rabe and potatoes Directions
- For this recipe you must previously cook your potatoes (left over boiled potatoes are perfect for this recipe) and drain your frozen broccoli rabe. If you use fresh ones clean them and blanch in salted boiling water.
- Heat a tablespoon of oil. Add broccoli rabe, garlic clove, chilli (fresh or ground), a pinch of salt and cook in the pan to remove the excess water and make them more flavorful. Turn off the heat and set aside.
- Roll out your puff pastry (I advise to remove it from the refrigerator 10 minutes before) and add your broccoli rabe (discard garlic and fresh chili).
- Add boiled potatoes and cheese (cut them into cubes) and fold the 2 outer sides of the puff pastry towards the center.
- Fold the down part over and roll it all together to create your strudel.
That bread is a meal on it's own Barbara, looks great. - Tom's Kitchen