Broccoli and cheese bread
This bread is easy and quick to prepare. It'a very tasty savory brioche / cake flavored with pecorino and smoked cheese that goes well with the delicate taste of broccoli. Excellent for dinner or lunch can be eaten either hot or cold.
For 4 Person(s)
- 500 g broccoli
- 350 g all-purpose flour
- 100 g grated pecorino cheese
- 100 g smoked cheese (I used scamorza)
- 16 g baking powder
- 1 pinch of salt and pepper
- 4 eggs at room temperature
- 50 ml milk
- 80 ml olive oil
Broccoli and cheese bread Directions
- Cook the broccoli until they become tender. Drain and set aside until they are lukewarm.
- In a bowl mix the eggs with oil and milk and set aside.
- In a second large bowl put the flour, grated cheese, smoked scamorza cheese (cut into small cubes), instant yeast, a pinch of salt and pepper. Chop the broccoli and add them to the flour. Mix everything until broccoli is well covered with flour.
- Pour the liquid mix into the bowl with the flour and broccoli and stir briefly until all the ingredients are incorporated. The batter should be fairly thick. Pour the batter into the baking pan lined with parchment paper and sprinkle with more cheese.
This one was my first attempt! I think I added too much broccoli cus my loaf was green like Hulk's f...
See Full Review >> - Fita angie