Puff pastry slices with caramelized onions, mushrooms and feta
For an appetizer or for a Christmas brunch I recommend these crispy and delicious puff pastry slieces filled with caramelized onions and mushrooms. Their flavor enriched with the sweetness of apple vinegar goes perfectly with the salty feta cheese.
For 8 Serving(s)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 round sheet of puff pastry
- 2 medium onions
- 200 g champignon mushrooms
- 1 garlic clove
- 3 sage leaves (fresh)
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
- 80 g feta cheese
- italian parsley to taste
Puff pastry slices with caramelized onions, mushrooms and feta Directions
- Roll out the pastry on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and divide it into pizza slices creating 8 similar triangles. With a sharp knife drawn an edge about half a centimeter wide (don't cut too deep). Create some space between the slieces and set aside.
- In a skillet heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil and add chopped onions. Cook the onions until they begin to caramelize for about 20 minutes over medium - low heat stirring occasionally.
- Add finely chopped garlic and chopped fresh sage and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Add mushrooms (previously cut into small pieces), 2 pinches of salt and a pinch of pepper. Stir and cook over medium - high heat until all the mushrooms are cooked through and have lost some of their moisture (about 5 minutes).
- Turn off the heat. Add 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar and stir to incorporate. Now divide the stuffing evenly in the middle of each puff pastry slice and add some crumbled feta.
That is a great idea To cut it like that. I'm sure the taste is also great. ? - Emily