Savory pie with puff pastry, creamy filling with zucchini and San Marzano tomatoes
Today I made a savory cake created on the go with the ingredients that most of us already have at home: zucchini, tomatoes, cream cheese, store bought puff pastry. I used the San Marzano tomatoes because in my opinion they are the best but any other tomato variation should be fine. This cake is simple and easy to prepare, it is also very tasty as the tomato goes perfectly with the flavor of the cheese and basil.
For 4 Person(s)
- 1 puff pastry sheet (I used rectangle one)
- 1 small zucchini
- 100 g cream cheese
- 6 (or more) fresh basil leaves
- 8 (or more) San Marzano tomatoes
- grated Parmesan cheese to taste
- salt and pepper to taste
- dried oregano to taste
Savory pie with puff pastry, creamy filling with zucchini and San Marzano tomatoes Directions
- In a bowl mix the cream cheese, the zucchini previously grated on a grater with large holes, salt, pepper and chopped fresh basil leaves.
- Roll out the pastry on a baking sheet slightly smaller than the dough, covered with rectangular baking paper. Spread the cream cheese and zucchini evenly over the entire base of the pastry.
- Slice the tomatoes and place them evenly over the filling.
- Cover the pastry with a layer of grated Parmesan cheese and fold the pastry to create a small edge.
- Bake in preheated oven at 200° C for 20 minutes or until the pastry and the cheese will not get golden brown. Remove from the oven, sprinkle with a large pinch of dried oregano and garnish with more fresh basil leaves. Serve both hot and cold.
Easy and delicious. Clear super simple instructions. - ezipes