Puff pastry cake with tuna
These puff pastry savory pockets are quick and easy to prepare. The creamy filling is a combination of tuna and ricotta cheese flavored with leeks and pickled cucumbers to add a little of acidity to this tasty pie.
For 4 Person(s)
- 1 puff pastry sheet
- 1 egg
- 125 g ricotta
- 1 can of tuna (drained weight 65 grams)
- 2 tbsp chopped pickled cucumbers
- 2 tbsp chopped leek
- 1 tbsp mustard
- 1 tsp fish sauce or soy sauce
- 1 pinch of pepper
Puff pastry cake with tuna Directions
- In a bowl mix ricotta, drained tuna, pickled cucumbers, chopped leek, mustard, fish sauce and pepper.
- Roll out the puff pastry. Divide into 4 equal rectangles. Pour the mixture of ricotta cheese and tuna onto the center of two rectangles. Whisk one egg with one tablespoon of water and brush it around the filling.
- If you like you can create a decoration on top of the pastry by making an simple shape impression. Simply cut out the shape of your choice on a thick piece of paper, place it on a rectangle of dough and press it in order to make an impression on the pastry. Gently trace the shape with a sharp knife to give further details then remove the paper.
- Cover the filling with the decorated rectangles. Seal with a fork by pressing the edges and brush the puff pastry with some more egg wash.
- Bake in oven preheated at 180 ° - 190 ° C for about 20 minutes. Cover with aluminum foil if it gets brown too fast. Remove from the oven and serve warm or cold.
I have tried other recipes from your website and they turned great but this one I just didn't like t...
See Full Review >> - angelina83