Baked mashed potatoes with white bean puree
A vegetarian recipe full of vegetable proteins and made with a few simple ingredients. Quick and easy meal. Perfect with grilled vegetables or a mixed salad.
For 2 Person(s)
- 600 g potatoes
- 1 can of white beans (I use cannelloni beans)
- 2 eggs
- 80 g of grated Parmesan cheese
- breadcrumbs to taste
- few fresh sage leaves
- 0.5 tsp thyme
- salt and pepper to taste
Baked mashed potatoes with white bean puree Directions
- Clean and peel the potatoes. Cook them in lightly salted boiling water until soft then drain.
- Mash hot potatoes with a potato masher. Drain the beans and blend with a immersion blender or stand mixer. In a bowl put together the vegetables and the bean paste, cheese (Set aside 1 tablespoon), eggs, marjoram and thyme, salt and pepper. Mix everything and set aside.
- Lightly oil a baking dish or roasting pan and sprinkle with some breadcrumbs or polenta. Pour the mixture into the dish and level it. Sprinkle with breadcrumbs and a tablespoon of grated cheese.
Little too dry for me. Needs more cheese. - barney