Pumpkin - potato savory cake
I present to you a recipe for some super creamy and tasty savory pumpkin-potato pie. This hearty dish is an alternative to the classic potato gateau of the Neapolitan tradition.
For 4 Person(s)
- 300 g pumpkin
- 300 g potatoes
- 100 g smoked cheese
- 2 eggs
- salt, pepper and nutmeg to taste
- 1 tbsp oregano
- 1 tbsp (or more) breadcrumbs
Pumpkin - potato savory cake Directions
- Prepare a small round baking tin by greasing it with butter and flouring it slightly.
- Wash, peel and boil the potatoes. Mash them while still hot.
- Prepare pumpkin puree by using my method or the way you normally do it. Let it cool before continuing.
- Put pumpkin and mashed potatoes, milk, half of the grated cheese, salt, pepper, pinch of nutmeg, oregano and bread crumbs into a bowl and mix well together.
- In a second bowl beat eggs with electric mixer or by hand with a whisk until they are light and frothy. Add the eggs to the pumpkin mix and gently stir to incorporate. In case the mixture seems too liquid (depends on the pumpkin) add more breadcrumbs.
- Pour the mixture into the baking tin, sprinkle with the remaining cheese, cover with aluminum foil and bake at 220° C for 1 hour. Take off the aluminum and cook for another 10 minutes or until the cheese is toasted.
- Let it cool for at least 10 minutes before serving.
sorry but I was disapointed. it came down a big blop mess. It needs some flour i think - peppermint girl