Creamy red lentil coconut curry
Amazing red lentil curry * with turmeric and coconut milk. Creamy and intense, enriched with spices such as fresh ginger, cumin and cardamom that blend perfectly with the delicate taste of red lentils.
For 3 Person(s)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 pieces (about 3 cm) fresh ginger
- 2 garlic clove
- 6 cardamom pods
- 0.25 tsp cumin in seeds
- 1 medium onion
- 1.5 tbsp tumeric
- chili powder to taste
- 250 g red lentils (me Bettini brand)
- 500 ml vegetable stock
- 200 ml coconut milk
- salt to taste
- parsly leaves and chili flakes (optional)
Creamy red lentil coconut curry Directions
- For this recipe I used red lentils made by Bettini.
- Open the cardamom pods and extract the black seeds, set aside. Heat the oil in a pan then add finely chopped garlic and ginger and cook for a minute. Add cumin and cardamom seeds and cook for another minute.
- Add onion cut into strips and cook for a minute, then add previously rinsed red lentils, turmeric and chili powder.
- Add vegetable stock and cook over a gentle flame, stirring frequently until the lentils are tender (about 20 minutes).
*This recipe was born thanks to the collaboration with Bettini - a company that produces cereals, legumes and high quality organic products.
yay- it's vegan!! :D - Curly K