Pumpkin and lentil stew
This lentil* and pumpkin stew is rich, tasty and very fragrant thanks to the addition of smoked paprika and bay leaf. It goes perfectly with garlic and olive oil bruschetta.
For 4 Person(s)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 celery stalks
- 1 small onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 cup lentils (me lentils Bettini - Monti Sibillini)
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 tsp (or less) smoked paprika
- 1 tsp sweet paprika
- 0.25 tsp cayenne pepper or chili powder
- 300 ml tomato sauce
- 450 ml (or less) vegetable broth
- 260 g Hokkaido pumpkin (skin off)
- salt to taste
Pumpkin and lentil stew Directions
- For this recipe I used lentils "Monti Sibillini" from Bettini. During cooking these lentils have maintained their shape and they are rich in flavor.
- Heat olive oil in a saucepan. Add chopped onion, celery and garlic and cook over medium heat until they become tender and slightly translucent (3 - 5 min).
- Add previously rinsed lentils, bay leaf, two types of paprika, a pinch of salt and cayenne pepper.
- Stir, add vegetable broth and tomato sauce. Bring to a boil and add previously peeled pumpkin that has been cut into cubes.
*This recipe was born thanks to the collaboration with Bettini - a company that produces cereals, legumes and high quality organic products.
Looks delicious! My wife and I make a lot of food, especially with lentils. This lentil stew looks l...
See Full Review >> - Robert J