Curry with lentils and coconut milk
This curry uses spices like turmeric and ginger, to name a few, to create perfect combination with lentils and coconut milk. This full of bold flavours vegan dish is perfect served with rice or naan Indian bread. A delicious recipe for naan can be found here.
For 3 Person(s)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp coriander seeds
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 piece (5 cm) fresh ginger
- 2 tsp turmeric powder
- 100 g decorative red lentils
- 110 g brown lentils
- 1 can whole peeled tomatoes
- 2 tsp (or more) salt
- 4 cup water
- 0.5 tsp chili powder or cayenne pepper
- 200 ml coconut milk
- parsley to taste
- 1 handful cherry tomatoes
Curry with lentils and coconut milk Directions
- In a large skillet heat the oil. Add minced ginger, minced garlic, coriander and cumin seeds. Cook for about 1 minute, being careful not to burn the spices.
- Add 2 types of lentils, turmeric and the tomatoes with the juices then stir.
- Add 4 cups of water, salt and pepper and stir. Cook for 40 minutes at medium-high heat, or until the lentils are tender. If necessary add more water.
Trust me, this is a dish worth all the effort. Your patience will be tested, but you will be immensl...
See Full Review >> - Cristof S