One pot quinoa and beans stew
This recipe is really quick and easy. Perfect for those days when we did not have the time to soak dried beans for all night. No less tasty, this stew uses the products that propably we all already have in the pantry. The only uncommon element is quinoa. This cereal is particularly popular because of its high protein content, good for vegetarians and vegans. I, personally, just like the taste of it.
For 3 Person(s)
- 0.5 onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 0.75 cup mixed quinoa
- 1 cup (or more) water
- 240 g canned beans (I used borlotti beans)
- 1 can of diced tomatoes
- 140 g of canned corn
- 0.5 tsp (or more) cumin
- 0.5 tsp (or more) sweet or smoked paprika
- salt and pepper to taste
- ground chilli to taste
One pot quinoa and beans stew Directions
- In a skillet heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Add the chopped onion and minced garlic. Cook over medium heat for a few minutes.
- Add the quinoa, water, previously drained beans and corn, then canned tomatoes.
- Stir, add salt and pepper and spices.
- Cover with lid and cook, stirring occasionally, over medium - low heat for about 20 minutes. If the quinoa gets dry too quickly add more water. Serve hot.
Looks strange - Pete
I've made this for my kids and they like it. - nancyk