Red lentil and mushroom pate
To those who like lentils and mushrooms this is a perfect dish. Try it with crispy bruschetta accompanied by a glass of red wine. The recipe has been modified from chow’s red lentil patè.
For 3 Person(s)
- 150 g dried red lentils
- 330 g champignon mushrooms
- 1 small onion
- 2 large garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 0.5 cup white wine
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- pinch (or more) of salt
Red lentil and mushroom pate Directions
- Boil about half a liter of lightly salted water, add the red lentils (no need to soak them for the night) and cook over medium-low heat, following the manufacturer's instructions. Drain them and put them aside.
- Heat 2 tbsp of oil in the pan. Add finely chopped garlic, onion cut into strips and the previously cleaned and sliced mushrooms.
- Cook over medium high heat, stirring not too often, until the mushrooms get soft and lightly brown, approximately 6 - 7 minutes.
- Add the oregano, paprika, salt and pepper. Add the wine, stir and cook over medium high heat for 3 - 4 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and allow to cool. Add the lentils and vinegar. Adjust with salt and stir.
- Blend the mixture with a hand blander or a stand mixer until it is creamy and spreadable. Serve cold.
The photo doesn't helps. This spread is incredible. I love it. - lotoflove