Spicy mussels with coconut milk
The union between coconut, ginger, fish sauce, lime juice and fresh mussels gives this dish an intense but velvety flavor. A must try for those who do not fear the flavors of Asian origin.
For 4 Person(s)
- 500 g clean mussels
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 0.5 cup coconut milk
- 200 g champignon mushrooms
- 2 tbsp chives
- 5 pieces of ginger (1 cm each)
- 1 tbsp (or more) lime juice
- 1 tbsp (or more) fish sauce
- 1 tbsp (or more) brown sugar
- 1 tsp chili flakes
- 1 handful of parsley
Spicy mussels with coconut milk Directions
- Clean the mussels by removing the beard and fouling, discard mussels with broken shells and rinse well in cold water.
- In a large saucepan heat the broth and coconut milk. Add sliced mushrooms, chives and ginger and cook over medium heat for 2 minutes. Add lime juice, fish sauce, sugar and chili and taste. The perfect flavor is very personal. I have added more lime juice and fish sauce and less sugar because I prefer these types of flavors, but as I said the perfect balance is very personal.
- Pour in the mussels and cover with a lid. Cook over medium heat for about 3 minutes until the mussels are opened. Discard the shells that did not open, add parsley and serve immediately.
That was absolutely amazing. My kind of flavours. - Rob